38 Degrees is one of the UK’s biggest campaigning communities, involving over 2 million supporters who campaign to make the UK a better place.
We are united by a set of shared values; to defend fairness, protect rights, promote peace, preserve the planet and deepen democracy.
In the space of a week, millions of members could be campaigning on anything from protecting our NHS and stopping cuts to Universal Credit, to saving local libraries and pushing for laws that welcome more refugees.
38 Degrees is fiercely independent. We do not take donations from political parties, or big donors. We’re run on hundreds of thousands of small donations from the public.
This independence means we never have to hold ourselves back from taking on those with power and can truly listen to our members.
The entire team is currently working remotely and we are open to applicants who would like to work remotely on a permanent basis.
The 38 Degrees culture is honest, kind, supportive, courageous, and respectful. We move fast, and frequently change plans to respond to events.
We work hard but we also have fun. We regularly enjoy team away days and social hours. Benefits include:
27 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays), Employer pension contribution,
24 hour employee support line, Enhanced family leave policies, Cycle to work scheme,
Free annual flu vaccination, Rental deposit loan, Contribution to eye tests/glasses,
Learning and development budget
We’re looking for a Head of Campaigns to play a senior role in our campaigns team.
You will help run and win campaigns that make the UK a better place but you’ll also be a key player in shaping the overall direction of 38 Degrees – including the culture, the team, and organisational strategy.
Day-to-day you’ll be developing strategies and guiding teams to put those plans into action – no one day will be the same, you will work across projects and campaigns sometimes responding quickly to a news moment and other times working on longer term projects and campaigns.
You will be a champion of our members and come up with ideas and tactics that will make real change in the world – from digital tools like petitions, to media and working with external partners and allies.
● Experience in contributing to or leading the development of impact driven campaign and/or organisational strategies and a track record of delivering on targets.
● Experience in managing/overseeing projects to fruition and someone who thrives when operating with high levels of autonomy and accountability.
● Experience in successfully influencing public opinion/political/ corporate decision makers.
● Experience in landing strategically salient media and ability to form strong relationships with journalists.
● Experience in understanding and analysing public opinion and experience in balancing organisational values with public prioritisation.
● Experience of promoting and/or managing a web based product/service.
● Corporate – experience in corporate affairs/comms or inhouse CSR
● Journalism experience of successfully pitching stories into local or national press and getting coverage
● Advocacy & Relationship Management – experience of talking directly to the public and partners
● A wide range of political contacts that one can draw upon.
38 Degrees is committed to inclusive working practices, so during the application process we commit to:
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK at the time of appointment.
Please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here: https://home.38degrees.org.uk/job-applicant-privacy-notice/
You can apply for this role by emailing your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
As part of the application process please can you ensure you cover the following in the supporting statement (100 – 300 words per point):
What attracted you to apply for this position at 38 Degrees?