Established in 1876, Mothers’ Union is a Christian organisation that has been supporting families for over 140 years. We have over 4 million members worldwide, 55,000 of whom in Britain and Ireland. As a Christian charity, we aim to demonstrate faith in action through the transformation of communities worldwide. Our members work at grassroots level around the world bringing hope and practical support to at least a million people every year through our programmes and as part of the volunteer base of local churches.
Finance Manager Role
Reporting to the Head of Finance the role of the Finance Manager is to oversee day to day running of the finance function whist playing an active and vital role the organisation. It will involve line management of a small team, financial reporting and analysis, and being the first port of call for finance queries across the organisation.
The role is suitable for both experienced financial managers and suitably qualified individuals looking to move out of a practice environment and into the third sector. Alongside supporting the transformational and trading work of the movement on a day to day basis, the successful candidate will play a key role in a number of major projects over the coming years including assisting with the preparation and implementation of new financial software in 2021.
1. Day to day management of the. finance function.
2. Production & presentation of monthly consolidated management accounts including; balance sheet, profit & loss, budget comparisons
3. Financial Analysis for consumption by SLT and Board.
4. Overseeing transactional duties and line managing 2 officers.
5. Responsible for all month-end General Ledger journals.
6. Reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts.
7. Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
8. Monitoring company fixed assets, loans & leases.
9. Cash flow forecasting & reporting.
10. Liaison with external accountants for annual statutory accounts and audit.
11. Management of direct debit collections and other small projects.
12. Involvement in implementation of new financial software and other major projects.