There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Come and join our charity and provide effective and efficient clerical and administrative support to The Playhouse Foundation.
We require a part-time Admin Assistant to work a minimum of 10 hours pw from home with regular meetings held in Winchester. The hours worked can be by arrangement but must include Wednesdays.
The duties include assisting the Managing Director with the management of the families that we support, liaisoning with consultants, tutors and students, dealing with enquiries, correspondence and administration, updating the website and attending quarterly trustee meetings.
The successful candidate will have some previous office experience and strong interpersonal skills.
- Personal Assistant to the Managing Director regarding the management of consultants, tutors and students who provide services for us
- Assist with the recruitment process of acquiring new families to the foundation
- Liaise with Universities as part of our collaborative package
- Liaise with the Fund-raiser as part of the application process
- Assist with writing the Annual submission for the Charity Commission and progress reports to trustees
- Develop, maintain and regularly review office manual and electronic storage systems including recruitment, policies and fund-raising
- Deal with enquiries, correspondence and administration via telephone, email and post
- Arrange meetings, book venues and attend and take minutes as required
- Manage the office diary where required
- Manage the ordering of stationary and other supplies
- Arrange meetings, book venues, attend quarterly trustee meetings and take minutes
- Updating and maintaining the website with news and article updates and liaise with website organisation to ensure the smooth running of the website
- Monitor and proactively seek ways of improving systems and procedures to ensure efficiency, user friendliness and maximum impact
- In all areas of work to ensure that due attention is given to compliance with The Playhouse Foundation, The Charity Commission and the law regarding issues such as health and safety, confidentiality, data protection and risk management
- Undertake other reasonable duties as required.
- Previous office experience required.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal English, and numerate. Educated to GCSE (or equivalent) standard including English and Maths.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a good team player.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Commitment to working with a charity
- Knowledge and understanding of the barriers faced by people with a disability.
- Ability to take a sympathetic and patient approach when dealing with our families
- Able to develop professional and effective relationships with colleagues and supporters.
- Systematic approach, with good attention to detail.
- Ability to manage workload, learn new skills and work to deadlines
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Experience of working within a charity
- Experience of working on multiple tasks and assisting with fund-raising projects simultaneously
Salary: £10,000 - £15,000
Job Category: Administration
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Location: Anywhere
Keywords: Administration, charity, Hampshire, part-time, Personal Assistant
Job Expires: 4 days
How to Apply:
Application is by CV and covering letter emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org