There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
UKHarvest is a for-impact, perishable food-rescue operation that collects quality excess food from commercial outlets and delivers it, direct and free-of-charge, to charities that support vulnerable people. This year, we will support our food rescue services with food education programmes that are free to participants and are delivered by our team of experts and volunteers. The education programme is designed to overcome social barriers by connecting people through food and the shared experiences of cooking and eating. Our mission is to create democratic social spaces where people can regain their independence and confidence through food.
UKHarvest is looking for a hard-working, multi-talented person with experience across a number of sectors, including: communications, media, food service, not-for-profit and education, to join their small team to work in a cross-disciplinary capacity on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will be a pro-active self-starter who will oversee and implement UKHarvest’s pilot education programme, sourcing location, funding, partners, trainers and sponsors; as well as coordinating large-scale public fundraising events, and supporting the CEO in developing new business relationships with potential partners, sponsors, funders, recipient charities and ambassadors.
You will also act in the capacity of marketing and communications director, creating the content strategy for the website and online channels, sourcing editorial coverage to raise the brand’s profile and be able to independently create all collateral for campaigns and programs using Adobe CS6. You will report directly to the CEO and be required to fulfill monthly KPIs agreed upon by the CEO and executive board.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the education programme in its entirety, including staffing, funding, sourcing locations and partners, budgets, material, course evaluation and other short- and long-term needs;
- Lead all decision-making processes regarding curricula, budgets, disciplinary procedures and other matters;
- Control administrative aspects of student admission, registration and graduation;
Act as secretary to statutory and other bodies/committees associated with the educational establishment;
- Draft and interpret regulations and deal with queries and complaints procedures;
- Organise examinations, qualifications and award ceremonies; and any security procedures required;
- Coordinate the preparation and publication of syllabuses, course material and other official documents;
- Manage all recruitment, public relations and marketing activities;
- Assess the functions, objectives and requirements of the organisation and identify problems concerned with business strategy, policy, organisation, procedures, methods and markets;
- Determine the appropriate method of data collection and research methodology, analyse and interpret information gained, and formulate and implement recommendations and solutions;
- Advise governments, commercial enterprises, organisations and other clients in light of research findings;
- Run workshops, and addresses seminars, conferences and the media to present results of research activity or to express professional views
- Develop the businesses network or sponsors, funders and strategic partners.Manage the annual events calendar and execute large-scale fundraising events, such as the Celebrity Cook-Off (this includes sourcing location, participants, media coverage, sponsorship and funding).
- Actively highlight ways to grow and expand the charity in London and across the UK by developing and implementing a strategic business development schedule.
- Directly support the CEO in the daily running of the business, including weekly meetings in London.
- Create and implement the digital strategy for online and social channels, as well as generating editorial coverage and partnerships to raise our profile.
- Create marketing collateral and editorial content using Adobe CS6, including articles, posts, hard-copy leaflets, EDMs – this will require experience using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
The successful applicant will have a postgraduate university qualification, such as a Masters, and at least 10 years experience in the food communications sector with a proven ability to launch new brands and projects, lead a team of direct reports and manage a diverse portfolio of clients across print and digital channels. You will have an established network of UK and international contacts that you can bring to our database to grow the organisation.
You will have proven experience creating food-centric food curriculums and you will hold a Food Hygiene Certificate (Level 2 minimum). You will have at least 10 years editorial experience across print and online and a proven ability to produce successful content and campaigns. You will have a sound knowledge of using Adobe CS6 and the ability to design and edit content to produce material for print and online.
You will care about social justice, environmental sustainability and food waste, as these are the key pillars that underpin all activities and programmes at UKHarvest. Please supply five references to validate your experience when applying for the position.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Job Category: Managerial
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Hunston
Job Expires: 19 days
How to Apply:
To apply: Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is 31/03/2018.