There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
BW – Safeguarding & HR Trustee
Join the Board of a start-up grassroots charity creating employment opportunities for refugees. We are looking for someone with Safeguarding and Human Resources experience and knowledge of refugee needs.
Ideal candidates attributes
- Passionate about supporting refugees and young people seeking asylum.
- Safeguarding experience working with refugees.
- Human resources knowhow, and able to support the development of the team.
- Hands on approach, comfortable to work on start-up set up.
- Available to dedicate at least 8 hrs per quarter to Breadwinners.
- Trustee board meetings on Weekdays afternoons 5 times a year.
- 2 years terms.
Breadwinners is an ambitious grassroots charity creating employment opportunities through the sale of artisan bread. With two market stalls already up and running, we have secured operating costs to open many more.
We believe refugees have extraordinary potential as entrepreneurs, employees and members of local communities.
We provide jobs, training and mentoring for refugees and asylum seekers across our London farmers market stalls. This gives our Breadwinners a safe and supportive place to work, where they can build their confidence, learn new skills and get the experience they need to get a good job or set up a business so they can have a much deserved fresh start! Our business model is to buy bread from leading bakeries at cost price, and sell for retail, with 100% of the profit going back to the charity to power our work. Breadwinners provides training, support, networks, equipment and microfinance needed so that people who need it most in London have all they need to start, run and build a business they can invest in and be proud of.
- Lead the development of Breadwinners safeguarding policy, procedures and practice on behalf of the board and ensure these are in line with most recent government legislation and best practice.
- Assess the risks that arise from Breadwinners activities and operations involving children and vulnerable people and develop and put in place appropriate safeguarding policies and procedures to protect Beneficiaries, volunteers and staff.
- Support staff on specific safeguarding issues, as required.
- Support the structure and development of the team.
Please apply as soon as possible, by submitting your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please use “BW – Safeguarding & HR Trustee” as the email subject. We will arrange interviews for great applications as they come in. No more applications will be taken after 15 of Sept.
Salary: Not Specified
Job Category: Trustees/Directors Jobs
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Location: England
Keywords: Asylum Seekers, HR, Refugees, Safeguarding, Trustee
Job Expires: Endless
How to Apply:
Please apply as soon as possible, by submitting your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use “BW - Safeguarding & HR Trustee” as the email subject. We will arrange interviews for great applications as they come in. No more applications will be taken after 15 of Sept.