NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Job Title: Director of the Ammerdown Centre
Responsible to: The Chair and Board of Trustees
- To run the Centre, sustaining and enhancing the peaceful, tolerant atmosphere, conducive to spiritual development.
- To support the Trustees in the strategic development of Ammerdown.
- Creating a peaceful, welcoming environment in the Centre, conducive to the spiritual and personal development of all who visit, work or live there.
- Responsible for all staff including volunteers in the Centre and on site staff.
- Providing appropriate leadership for and management of a committed resident community and staff team.
- The supervision of programmes offered at the Centre.
- Marketing the work of the Centre, networking and building up relationships with key stakeholders at national, regional and local level.
- Financial and other general management of the organisation.
- Ensuring that the organisation meets the requirements of the Charity Commission, the employment of health and safety laws and H.R.
- Overseeing the maintenance of the building and gardens
- Developing with the Trustees a coherent vision and strategic plan for the ongoing prosperity of the Centre.
The post holder will have:
- A respect for all faiths, for those who adhere to them and for those who do not.
- An enthusiasm to be part of the spiritual life of the Centre.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a committed team of daily and resident staff.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies and policies.
- Proven business expertise.
- Demonstrable analytical and evaluative abilities, including financial analysis and planning.
- Strong writing and presentational skills.
- Experience of marketing.
- Experience of working with a Board of Trustees would be advantageous.
- A relevant degree or postgraduate qualification or equivalent.
This is a salaried role. The Director may be expected to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends. The job could be either full time or part time depending upon the expertise and skills of the candidate. Job sharing could also be a possibility
The initial appointment is for five years with a probationary period of six months.
The role will be based at The Ammerdown Centre, Ammerdown Park, Radstock, Somerset, BA3 5SW. A two bedroom flat on site may be available.
£35 – £40k depending upon experience, more for an exceptional candidate.
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Job Category: Trustees/Directors Jobs
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Radstock
How to Apply:
To apply please provide your CV and a supporting statement.