There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Responsible to: Board of Trustees
Salary: £15,000 Annually (subject to continued funding)
Full Time/Part Time: 0.3 Time.
Location: Home based.
Terms: Terms and conditions detailed in Contract of Employment include 25 days’ annual leave (pro rata), plus the days falling between Christmas and New Year.
Role & Person Summary
eQuality Time is an independent charity seeking to eliminate exclusion. It aims to do this through designing, developing, and delivering projects that tackle disadvantage.
The COO is to be in charge of the day to day running of the charity and the implementation of the future strategies of the Trustees. The COO will report directly to the Board of Trustees.
Committed to the values and aims of the charity, they will be in charge of delivering projects that further the aims of using critical thinking to overcome barriers to inclusion.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the charity’s day-to-day running and operating systems, as well as dealing with all general administration, facilities management and human resources.
The post requires someone who is exceptionally well organised and efficient, is used to dealing with a diverse workload, has strong numeracy and literacy skills and excellent communications skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Monitor projects (there may be overseas travel required)
- Act as the key point of contact for all external bodies / charities
- Be the face of the charity – will be required to attend events, often in the evening
- Build on existing work in the communities
- Build a more diverse pool of recipients
- Collate and lead on the reporting on all projects and annual report
- Be responsible for all correspondence, compliance and administration
It is anticipated that the job description may change in the long term as the charity and its work grows, but this will always be done in discussion with the post holder.
- Monitor and take responsibility for resources/cash within defined procedures
- Monitor budgets, report variances and highlight areas of potential overspend or concern
- Manage funding applications and oversee a sustainable fund-raising program.
Communication / Documentation
- Communicate effectively across a wide range of audiences.
- To build and maintain positive relationships with accounts and project stakeholders.
- Be transparent in all communications with stakeholders and public.
- Report to trustees on a regular basis.
- Develop a good working relation with stakeholders, clients and partner bodies to ensure the aims of the charity are met.
Supervision / Staffing
- To guide and develop staff members who may assist in project delivery.
- Line manage staff and volunteers, including review of timesheets and expenses.
- Ensure the safe working and development of staff and volunteers.
- Meet legislative and all relevant regulatory requirements
Personal Development / Performance
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing personal and professional development.
- Observe and define priorities and timetables in the achievement of strategic and operational objectives.
You are asked to provide details of two referees, including your current or most recent employer, on your application form. Referees should be able to comment on your work and/or educational background and may be approached before interview. In providing these details you are giving eQuality Time permission to request personal information about you from your referees, which may include confirmation of your previous salary, disciplinary and work history.
Salary: £10,000 - £15,000
Job Category: Senior Management
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Location: Anywhere
Keywords: COO, disability, Equality, Inclusion, Social
Job Expires: 6 days
How to Apply:
Please send a covering letter showing how you meet these requirements along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
eQuality Time is an Equal Opportunities Employer and reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate people with disabilities. No discrimination due to race, sexual orientation, religion or creed will be made.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 27th July 2018. Applications received after this date may not be considered.