There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
We are seeking to recruit a Community Engagement Advocate, based in Trafford, Greater Manchester.
As a Community Engagement Advocate your role holds responsibility for establishing, developing, and delivering targeted community engagement initiatives and advocacy awareness interventions across a large geographical area, working closely with the advocacy team and volunteers.
To work alongside communities, individuals, statutory and non-statutory organisations, community groups, religious leaders and the business sector to provide access to services that are appropriate to the needs of the community. The role will also involve addressing stigma, barriers to accessing services and evaluation of referral pathways, with a focus on improving the health and well-being of individuals and communities.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To provide training and awareness raising sessions to frontline services and be able to highlight good practice, identify gaps, and challenge poor practice i.e. low referrals.
- Improve accessibility to our service and provide opportunities for individuals and communities to engage in awareness sessions, training, and learning sessions.
- Facilitate groups with the aim of informing and improving our service delivery and ensure a framework is in place to support people who use our service to be meaningfully engaged.
- Train members of the public in peer advocate skills to assist the group in representing their peers and cascading information via a network of advocacy ambassadors.
- Coordinate and facilitate a dynamic ‘Pop-up’ advocacy schedule in liaison with the Volunteer Manager and volunteers. Ensuring partnership buy in from local partners and community groups.
You can download the role description, application form and equal opportunities monitoring form below:
- Advocacy Focus Community Engagement Advocate Job Description
- Advocacy Focus Community Engagement Advocate Application Form
- Advocacy Focus Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Job Category: Advocacy
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Sale
Job Expires: 11 days
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the role, please send the completed Application and Equal Opportunity Monitoring Forms to HR@advocacyfocus.org.uk to be considered for this role.
Alternatively, you can post this to us at: Advocacy Focus, First Floor, The Old Tannery, Eastgate, Accrington, Lancashire BB5 6PW
Unfortunately, only shortlisted applications will be contacted for an interview and we reserve the right at any stage to withdraw the vacancy upon the successful recruitment of a suitable candidate for the position.
Please refrain from attaching CV's we only accept applications with the completed application form attached, if this is not completed you will unfortunately not be considered for the position.
Thank you for your interest.