NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
To manage a small team responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring a fundraising strategy. To manage functions within the geographic area of responsibility in relation to fundraising and in accordance with WAA policies and current objectives.
Full time hours (37hrs p.w). £25,000 per annum plus car, pension and life insurance benefits.
- To lead the mid or south Wales fundraisers.
- To help develop, implement and monitor an appropriate fundraising strategy.
- To work as a member of the Management Team.To have input into the vision and strategy of the Trust.
- To agree objectives with the Fundraising Development Manager and allocate responsibilities across the team.
- To keep up to date with legislation affecting charity fundraising.
- To promote and represent the Charity to potential and current supporters. Continually raising the profile of the Wales Air Ambulance and championing all aspects of the charity’s work.
- Manage and develop and implement action plans, with a broad range of fundraising activity, targeting all sectors of the community.
- Research the local community to identify and approach potential individual, group and company supporters.
- Ensure all donors and supporters receive a prompt and high quality service. Support third party event organisers.
- Ensure compliance with legislation and Wales Air Ambulance procedures and guidelines.
- Attending events / cheque collections / public speaking as and when required.
- Marketing national activities at a local level and liaising with the Manager to market regionally managed event activity at a local level.
- Approaching local companies to obtain support for national and regional events and to get charity of the year adoptions and work based support groups.
- Attending training, as required
- Carry out other duties identified to achieve the overall objectives of the charity.
Providing management support to the area fundraising team. Implementing a comprehensive fundraising and marketing strategy covering diverse income streams to raise funding
- Establishing a good working relationship with all stakeholders.
- Ensuring fundraising records and donor database is maintained, taking into account Data Protection issues.
- Supporting the PR programme and promotional materials produced for the Charity.
- Preparing reports as required.To authorise donor correspondence, for example thank you letters etc.
- To attend fundraising events and activities outside normal working hours and weekends and Bank Holidays when required.
- To utilise the donor database, to increase general income and committed giving.
- Attending meetings and undertaking any other relevant duties as required.
- To be familiar with the mission and vision of the Charity.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the equal opportunities policy is implemented in all aspects of the work.
- To work in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998) and the Health and Safety at work Act.
- To attend training, meetings or conferences as agreed.
- To be open to opportunities for personal development.
Measures of performance:
Quality and timeliness of reports.
- Awareness of legislation and procedures. Quality and effectiveness of input to plans.
- Performance against targets and understanding of variances. Quality of time and resource management.
- Quality of relationship with committees.
- Effectiveness of volunteers.
- Number and type of new supporters.
- Speed and quality of response to supporters. Number and quality of speaking engagements undertaken.
- Quality of event organisation and outcomes. Quality and effectiveness of input to regional and all Wales events and campaigns.
- Quality of contribution to local and regional meetings.
- Team working ability.
£25000 per annum, plus car and other pension and life insurance benefits.
32 days holiday including Bank holidays.
Ideally educated to degree level or with equivalent relevant job experience. Minimum of 1 year in fundraising and/or sales and marketing environment, dealing with the general public.
Working under pressure and handling competing demands
Skills and Experience
Confident in a wide range of professional and social environments.
Committed to and enthusiastic about Wales Air Ambulance aims.
Prepared to work unsociable hours.
Experience of working within an Income Generation/Fundraising environment, which includes the management of staff (including supervision, appraisals, and performance monitoring and staff development).
Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to work with minimum supervision and the ability to effectively prioritise workloads.
Experience of developing and managing direct marketing campaigns.
Experience of analysing supporter databases in order to inform the development of fundraising marketing strategies.
Proven track record of success in achieving challenging financial targets.
Computer literate with good working knowledge of IT packages, and particularly word-processing and donor database software (we currently use Donorflex and Microsoft Office).
Understanding and appreciation of donor care issues with respect to individual and institutional donors.
Access to own transport with current driving license
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Job Category: Fundraising
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Anywhere
How to Apply:
Application forms can be downloaded via our website