There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Leeds Mind is a progressive mental health organisation that supports people experiencing mental health difficulties to flourish. We are committed to developing services that are sensitive to individual need and of measurable benefit to users.
Leeds Mind has provided a counselling service for people with mental health difficulties or emotional distress for over 30 years. The service is delivered through volunteers who are either qualified counsellors or students working towards qualification.
Purpose of the post
The Counselling Co-ordinator plays the lead role in the management and development of high quality counselling practice and maintenance of professional standards within the Counselling Service.
The role includes service development, managing volunteer counsellors (approximately 25) and counselling staff (approximately 6), allocating clients to a team of counsellors, liaising with the volunteers’ external supervisors and evaluation of the effectiveness of the service (using CORE scores and testimonies).
The post holder will be line managed by the Wellbeing Service Manager but will manage their own workload, prioritising tasks and working on their own initiative. You will work closely with the Service Manager identify funding opportunities, manage contracts and fulfil report writing and monitoring responsibilities as per agreements.
Areas of Responsibility
- Work to deliver and maintain a high quality responsive counselling service offering humanistic counselling to people with severe and enduring mental health difficulties.
- Maintain the service in accordance with BACP/UKCP Code of Ethics & Practice
- Undertake regular clinical supervision
- Line manage counselling staff, including performance development and organisational supervision
- Recruit volunteer counsellors ensuring they receive an induction, on-going support, including clinical supervision and training
- Provide on-going management to the service
- Manage the waiting list of clients and volunteer counsellors
- Undertaking assessment, referral and discharge of counselling clients
- Work alongside Leeds Mind managers in identifying and supporting opportunities to expand the service
- Where necessary, develop appropriate policies and procedures for a counselling service, including referral and assessment procedures
Administration – Including Evaluation and Monitoring
- Be responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the service
- Work with the Services Manager and administrators to ensure that administrative systems are in place in order to develop safe and effective service delivery
- Ensure the efficient administration of services including maintaining manual and electronic records and submitting reports as required.
- Ensure all counselling records are up to date and procedures are fully met
- Ensure that all records and confidential information is stored in line with the data protection act.
- Be proactive in involving clients in evaluating and developing the service
- To oversee the use of CORE as the key evaluation tool within the service
Training & Development
- Participate in performance management and development, including Leeds Mind compulsory training programme
- Undertake any staff development and training which is required, to enable the job to be performed in the best possible.
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Be involved with wider organisation activities
- Work within the Leeds Mind’s policies and procedures at all times
- Promote the values and ethos of Leeds Mind at all times
- Promote the possibilities for empowerment where possible
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development.
- Be involved with wider organisation activities.
- Any other duties commensurate to the effective running of the service
This job description may be subject to change
It is Leeds Mind’s policy to make reasonable adjustments to enable workers with disabilities to undertake the above
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Job Category: Mental Health
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Location: Horsforth
Keywords: Administating, Coordinating, Counselling
Job Expires: 14 days
How to Apply:
For more information and to download an application form please visit http://www.leedsmind.org.uk