There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
icandance is a charity which offers dance and performance opportunities to children and young people, with varying disabilities, aged 4 to 25 years old.
The role is to provide support to icandance users to enable them to access dance according to their individual needs. The role will require some weekend work.
The Development Manager will work closely with the icandance Principal and Executive team to devise and implement a fundraising strategy in line with the company’s exciting period of growth. The role includes revenue and capital fundraising, and is the sole development position at icandance, therefore requiring skills and experience in trusts fundraising, major gifts and individual philanthropy, events and community fundraising as well as corporate / CSR.
The responsibilities of the Development Manager are:
- Develop material to engage potential funders with icandance, including a Case for
- Use and advise others on the icandance website and social media pro-actively.
- Maintain an active and responsive research function, to ensure a broad spread of
prospective funders are targeted.
- Manage the writing, submission and follow-up of trusts applications.
- Develop new and imaginative fundraising activities, which are in line with
icandance’s brand values, and will include events fundraising, parent and community activities and work with local partner organisations.
- Manage corporate fundraising, including CSR engagement, corporate sponsorships
and employee giving / matched giving.
- Secure major gifts through targeting existing and prospective donors
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of all fundraising activity, including planned,
active and historical projects.
- Manage all fundraising monitoring and evaluation commitments.
- Manage the fundraising income tracking and projections, working closely with the Executive and Treasurer.
- Represent the icandance vision and brand values.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of fundraising from all income streams
- Demonstrable experience of organisation, administrative and project management
- Proactive target-driven attitude, drive and enthusiasm
- Ability and willingness to work alone while also being sympathetic and responsive to
the needs of a small, busy team.
- Interest in and commitment to aspects of icandance’s work, such as children and
young people, inclusivity, dance and the arts, dance movement psychotherapy and therapeutic arts.
- Experience of working with a small company
- Experience of capital fundraising
- Examples of devising and implementing fundraising strategies for young companies
- Experience of part-time working
- Experience in the working with disability groups
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Job Category: Disability
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Location: London
Keywords: dance, Development, disability, fundraising
Job Expires: 13 days
How to Apply:
For further information please email: email@example.com