Digital Communications and Events Officer Job – HACT Housing – Jobs in Housing
There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Length of contract: Permanent
Salary: in the range: £22,000 plus contributory pension 3% – 5%. With a pay review following completion of 18 month digital marketing apprenticeship
Responsible to: Head of Business Operations
Working with: All HACT teams
Deadline for applications 21 August
This role supports the Communications and Marketing Consulting team in the delivery of high quality communications, promoting HACT and its projects online and offline. The role also helps deliver against the organisation’s marketing priorities, particularly through event management.
The role includes one day a week training for 18 months for a Digital Marketing Level 3 qualification as part of the apprenticeship programme.
HACT is an innovation agency that provides futures-oriented solutions, projects and products for UK housing. HACT delivers thought leadership and drives new ideas for business transformation through our platform of projects, products, research, impact measurement and data analytics, as well as through our engagement with other sectors and our work on digital transformation. We work alongside housing providers to drive change within their own businesses.
We work with organisations outside of housing to broker new relationships and opportunities that support innovation and transformation. HACT helps housing providers ensure that their businesses remain successful by researching ways to work smarter and more efficiently. We are a small team and the Digital Communications and Events Officer will work extensively with all other areas of the business.
- Support the communications and marketing consulting team in the development and delivery of HACT’s communications and marketing strategy, especially the digital elements.
- Lead on the day to day maintenance, content upload and development of the HACT website (www.hact.org.uk).
- Implement daily activities on HACT’s social media channels, as agreed.
- Draft, create and distribute HACT’s digital newsletters and marketing campaigns using MailChimp
- Ensure all digital outputs are consistent with HACT brand guidelines and support the development and associated materials of sub-brands as required. Maintain and promote the effective use of HACT templates.
- Provide copy proofing for comms outputs, including research reports, blog posts and other digital copy.
- Support the Communications and Marketing Consulting team in the commissioning of third-party designers to create digital, printed and other promotional materials.
- Distribute publishing ISBNs as required and keep a record accordingly.
- Research, draft and maintain an archive of case studies of HACT’s work.
- Contribute to, and maintain, project communications plans.
- Identify potential digital channels, campaigns and co-branding opportunities, in liaison with the Communications and Marketing Consulting team.
- Assist in other duties from time to time that are broadly consistent with this job description.
- In conjunction with the appropriate HACT staff, plan/support a range of conferences, workshops, roundtables, and other events, including evaluating existing and creating new ones.
- Help HACT project staff to define marketing/communications goals and objectives for their events.
Support project staff to deliver all event materials. Liaise with suppliers (venues, caterers etc) and oversee logistical arrangements for the delivery of events.
- Plan effective events to ensure consistently excellent attendance levels from targeted audiences and utilise Eventbrite or similar software to oversee the administration of events plans to ensure the highest quality delivery.
- Attend HACT events to help set up and deliver elements including registration and setting up presentations.
- Update the CRM system following event completion to ensure opportunities are maximised.
Develop feedback and evaluation systems to ensure events are of high quality and meet the needs of stakeholders.
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with specific awareness of writing for the web.
- Experience publishing content to websites and online channels via content management systems.
- Experience using social media tools to engage with stakeholders.
- Excellent ICT skills, including the ability to learn new systems and maximise benefits of existing systems.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills with the ability to work flexibly in a pressurised environment and the agility to handle a varied, diverse and full workload.
- Planning and delivery of events for diverse stakeholders.
- Co-ordinating the logistical arrangements (e.g. venue booking, catering) for both large and small events.
- Evidenced ability to market events and web content effectively.
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships with a diverse range of people and organisations.
- Experience managing event budgets and tracking income and expenditure on budget lines.
- An understanding of the demands and challenges of working in a small organisation and the ability to work as part of a team.
- A confident and resourceful approach to work and in dealing with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Creativity, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Readiness to travel around England and the UK including occasional overnight stays (for which time in lieu will be offered, according to HACT’s time off in lieu policy).
- An interest in social welfare, community development and housing.
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
- Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of working with either WordPress or Drupal or similar CMS, MailChimp or other online marketing software or basic HTML knowledge would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of best practice of social media usage for not for profit organisations.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Job Category: CommunicationsEventsHousing/ Homelessness
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: London
Keywords: charity, charity events, charitycomms, communications, Digital, events, hact, Housing, pr
Job Expires: 1 day
How to Apply:
To apply please send your CV to Marcelle Dopwell, Head of Business Operations, accompanied by a detailed covering letter by Tuesday 21 August. Interviews Wednesday 29 August.