There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
The Direct Mail Marketing Officer will be responsible for supporting the charity’s printed membership and marketing fundraising activity, helping to increase appeal revenue, providing engaging mailings for members and raising the charity’s profile. They will work with the Communications & Direct Mail Fundraising Manager and the wider team to ensure the delivery of the Annual direct mail budget.
- Print marketing – creation and design of printed materials including guides, factsheets, newsletters and promotional material.
- Print ordering – liaising with print companies to ensure that all materials are printed on time, to a high standard and are competitively priced.
- Monitoring and testing new print marketing campaigns, reporting findings and making suggestions for improvement.
- Supporting the Communications & Direct Mail Fundraising Manager in ensuring the Trust’s printed communications meet the brand guidelines and a high standard.
- Work alongside the Online Marketing Officer to ensure that all campaign messages are consistent and co-ordinated across all channels.
Person specification – essential
- Graduate (or equivalent) with 2+ years’ experience in a marketing environment.
- Capacity to master Adobe InDesign and other design software used by the Trust for the production of printed material.
- Ability to produce compelling marketing content.
- Experience of using a CRM system for extracting and segmenting user data.
- An eye for detail and accuracy.
- Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient, able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to think creatively, with the ability to identify opportunities, suggest ideas and turn them into workable plans for income generation.
- Strong inter-personal, listening, negotiating and networking skills, with the ability to build relationships with people at all levels, including prospects, members, and the Trust’s staff, consultants and external suppliers.
- Willingness to undertake occasional travel and overnight stays within the UK.
Person specification – preferable
- An understanding of fundraising legislation and charity law.
- An understanding of complex conservation and agricultural issues.
- Experience of a range of charity fundraising activities.
- Membership of a recognised appropriate professional body.
The post is based in Fordingbridge, Hampshire and is commutable from Salisbury, Bournemouth and Southampton. The candidate would be expected to start by July 2018 or earlier, if possible. Benefits include pension, private health care, 22 days annual leave that rises with length of service and free parking.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Job Category: Marketing
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Fordingbridge
Keywords: design, mail, marketing, print
Job Expires: 7 days
How to Apply:
Apply by emailing a CV and covering letter with details of two referees to James Swyer, Communications & Direct Mail Fundraising Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.