NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
WorkPlace Leeds is a consortium partnership between three voluntary sector providers; Leeds Mind, Community Links and Touchstone and delivers a specialist mental health Employment and Job Retention service in Leeds. The service is primarily funded by CCG’S and Adult Social Care but also currently delivers projects funded by Employment & Skills, Leeds City Council and European Social Fund to deliver the STEP project.
The WorkPlace Leeds employment model involves working within the Individual Placement Support Approach and co-locating workers part-time within partner organisations e.g. Leeds and York Partnership Foundation Trust Community Mental Health teams.
Purpose of the post
To provide an employment support service to individuals who are accessing secondary mental health services, at Leeds and York Partnership Foundation Trust, within Adult Social Care Day Services and individuals on ESA or JSA via the ESF STEP Specialist provision.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Support a caseload of clients with mental health problems to get into/return to work, through an individual placement support approach and deliver on-going employability support.
- Undertake induction, assessments, action planning and reviews with clients to help them achieve their employment goals and retain their jobs
- Work with clients on a 1:1 basis as well as deliver group work sessions, if required
- Support clients to undertake job preparation, work experience, work placements, volunteering, education, training and any other activity that helps them towards employment.
- Provide post-employment support to clients and employers where appropriate.
- Continually evaluate the service being delivered to clients, employers and partners and other stakeholders
- Support a caseload of service users to retain employment.
- Work towards individual and team targets to achieve the specified outcomes of the service.
- Maintain accurate manual and computerised client, employer and stakeholder records, delivering reports and client stories.
- Deliver in house employability groupwork sessions to clients.
- Actively keep-up-to-date with the local labour market.
- Liaise when necessary with employers to increase their awareness of issues in relation to recruiting and retaining of employees with mental health difficulties.
- Work closely with Leeds and York Partnership Foundation Trust, Leeds IAPT services, Adult Social Care, IGEN, and the Consortium members to promote and develop an integrated employment support service and promote the service to eligible clients.
- Network with and keep abreast of changes of agencies involved in mental health, employment, training and education around the city.
- Market and promote the service to clients, employers, private, public and voluntary support agencies
- Provide information about WorkPlace Leeds and the partner agency’s services to people/agencies with an interest in the organisation’s work
Training & Development
- Participate in 1:1s, performance management and development, including Leeds Mind compulsory training programme.
- Take responsibility for personal learning and development where appropriate and undertake training, both mandatory and optional, to increase knowledge, skills and awareness in line with identified targets and objectives.
- Attend and participate in regular 1:1 meetings with Workplace Leeds Employment Service and Leeds and York Partnership Foundation Trust/Adult Social care or other partner agencies.
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Undertake out of hours and weekend work as required by service needs
- Ensure service compliance with the WorkPlace Leeds and the relevant partner agency policies and practices including Equal Opportunities
- Be involved with wider organisation activities
- Work within the framework of Leeds Mind’s policies and procedures always
- Promote the possibilities for empowerment of service users where possible
- Ensure information is dealt with in accordance with relevant organisation policies ensuring steps are taken to ensure that confidential information is secure e.g. group member data.
- Promote the values, ethos and philosophy of Leeds Mind always
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to affect the smooth running of the service.
It is our policy to make reasonable adjustments to enable workers with disabilities to undertake the above tasks.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Job Category: Mental Health
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Leeds
Keywords: Employment Advisor, Employment Specialist, Mental Health, support
How to Apply:
For further details on these positions and to download an application form please visit:- http://www.leedsmind.org.uk/get-involved/vacancies/