NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Greater Manchester Law Centre – Job Description
GMLC’s Senior Solicitor
Working in 2 locations for 2 organisations in Moss Side and Crumpsall
21 hours per week
(there is scope for flexibility on how the hours are spread through the week)
GMLC is seeking to recruit a flexible and experienced accounts worker who is willing to learn how to administer a Legal Aid Contract.
You will need to be committed to GMLC’s values and be happy to be part of GMLC’s campaign “fighting together for free access to justice”.
- To process accounts transactions using SAGE accounting software.
- To carry out bank reconciliations.
- Monitor and process incoming monies.
- To process payments to suppliers, mainly using online banking.
- Maintain GMLC petty cash system
- To maintain accounts records and filing.
- To monitor grant and project funding in line with funders requirements.
- To maintain accounts and Legal Aid related spreadsheets.
- To, following training, open legal aid files and assist with the maintenance of a case management database.
- To liaise with and assist GMLC’s Treasurer as required.
- To work in line with the Charity Commission, Company’s House, Legal Aid Agency, and Lexcel quality mark requirements.
- To attend meetings and training as required
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post
- To, at all times, adhere to GMLC’s policies on: equality and diversity, health and safety, confidentiality, no smoking and data protection policies
Salary: £15,000 - £20,000
Job Category: Finance/Accountancy
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Location: Anywhere
Keywords: Accounts, Finance, spreadsheets
How to Apply:
If you would like an informal chat about this role email firstname.lastname@example.org giving your telephone number and someone will call you back.
An application pack and further details can be downloaded from www.gmlaw.org.uk
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 18th April 2018 at 12 noon.
Interviews will take place on Monday 23rd April 2018.