There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Grant Support Manager
The role requires a strong team manager with experience of with working with civil society groups, especially those in hard-to-reach areas who work on challenging subjects. You will need to have experience in the application and grant support process.
Main responsibilities include:
- Line managing a team of Technical Performance Managers
- Contributing to the management of a network of consultants. The Grant Support Manager will commission and oversee Strategic Advisor inputs to the management of the portfolio of grants.
- Contributing to the management of consortium partner inputs (Global Fund for Women and African Women’s Development Fund). The Grant Support Manager will commission and oversee partner inputs to the management of the portfolio of grants.
- Working closely with the team, manage the process of conducting high-quality screening and shortlisting of new and renewal grant applications and concept notes for grants.
- Coordinating a team for Global Fund for Women and African Women’s Development Fund staff, to review applications for screening and shortlisting. Working closely with the Deputy Fund Director to input the design calls for proposals and briefing the screening and shortlisting team.
Work with the Deputy Fund Director and the team to integrate new innovations in the development of grant screening and shortlisting processes.
Working closely with the team, manage the process of mentoring and connecting grantees technical quality, programme logic and organisational growth throughout the grant cycle.
Technical programming quality: Manage own portfolio of grants to ensure grant agreements have robust workplans and monitoring frameworks.
Community building: Supporting Technical Performance Managers to facilitate communities of grantees to strengthen lesson learning, movement building and results-management throughout the grant cycle.
Fund Development: Work with the Deputy Fund Director and the team to integrate new innovations in the development of mentoring and connecting grantees.
Working closely with the team, manage the process of monitoring of the grant portfolio’s performance and risks.
Reviewing reports: ensure Grant Support Teams maintain regular contact with grantees, including review of reports and manging the approval of grant amendments
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant subject, or an undergraduate degree plus specific experience.
- Experience in International Development, including significant experience working with civil society in sub-Saharan Africa or South Asia (anticipated 4 years minimum).
- Solid experience of managing teams, leadership and mentoring professional development
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects, contracts or grants, including performance management, KPIs, evaluation and learning
- Excellent client and relationship management experience. Ability to interact with grantees constructively and effectively
- Experience of working with civil society groups in sub-Saharan Africa and/or South Asia, especially those in hard-to-reach areas, and willingness to travel to these areas
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Office and online management systems
- Good commercial acumen and attention to detail
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with diverse teams in an international setting
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritise tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of donor agency procedures
- Fluency in French or other appropriate language skills
- Demonstrable technical knowledge and experience in SRHR issues
This position in based in Bath.
Occasional national and international travel maybe required.
- Salary Guide: £35,000 – £45,000 – dep on experience
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Company Life Insurance
- Access to flexible benefits package.
Please note that we are only able to contact applicants that we view as suitable for the vacancy based relevant experience and skills. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days from your registration, please accept our apologies but we are unable to help you on this occasion.
Salary: Not Specified
Job Category: International Development
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Bath
Keywords: Community Building, Fund Development, Grant Applications, International Development, Line Managing, project management
Job Expires: 2 days
How to Apply:
Visit our website and register your details:
or email your CV and covering letter directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org