NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Head of Fundraising and Communications, London
c.£57,000 plus generous benefits
Many of the diseases and conditions that affect human health have been cured or overcome as a result of medical research, but there will always be more to do and there are areas of medical need that receive little or no support – and people’s lives that see no improvement. That’s where we step in. The Medical Research Foundation is an independent charitable foundation. Formed by the MRC, we grow and nurture people and ideas wherever we see opportunities with great potential. Investing the power of our donations to change medicine and change lives.
We are looking for a Head of Fundraising and Communications to join our rapidly expanding team in our central London offices. You will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of a programme of communications activities to build our identity, reputation and profile.
Who you are
You are inspired to help us to deliver our vision to advance medical research, improve human health and change people’s lives. Our team is proud to work for the Medical Research Foundation. We are ambitious for the Medical Research Foundation and for ourselves. We are approachable – providing advice to everyone and explaining our work. We are dedicated and committed to achieving the most for our donors and our researchers. And we are involved – constantly looking for new ways to engage and improve. We love our work and we will be looking for this in you too.
What you can bring to the role
You willhave experience of:
- the strategic role of communications.
- shaping and delivering successful communications strategies in a senior communications or engagement role.
- communications in a health-focused organisation.
- producing creative materials for a range of audiences including translating complex scientific information for non-scientific audiences
- working with print, broadcast, digital, video and social media including content development and production
- building relationships with the research community in the UK.
- A salary c. £57,000 dependant on experience.
- Annual pay award, performance award scheme and other rewards.
- Generous pension contribution, with no qualifying period.
- 30 days annual leave each year, plus public holidays.
- 36 hour working week, usually worked over 5 days.
- Flexi-time system and core working hours of 10am to 4pm.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Other health-related benefits.
- An opportunity to make a difference to human health.
- Fantastic colleagues.
Closing date: 12 noon, Wednesday 11th July 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 25th July 2018
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000
Job Category: Fundraising
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: London
How to Apply:
You can find full details of the role and how to apply by downloading a copy of the recruitment information pack - www.medicalresearchfoundation.org.uk/about-us/join-us