There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Experienced, dedicated Head of Fundraising required
The Mintridge Foundation is seeking an experienced, dedicated Head of Fundraising to help secure funding over the next four years to allow us reach more young people with our diverse programmes within a small but growing charity. The Head of Fundraising is a pivotal role for the future of the charity.
The applicant must have compassion for all young people and empathy for Team Mintridge’s objectives and values, working sensitively with all.
Fundraising will enable the Mintridge programmes to be affordable and accessible to all schools, clubs and educational organisations.
The Mintridge Foundation
The Mintridge Foundation is a registered charity dedicated to enhancing life skills in young people through sport. We provide a support network for young people by harnessing the power of positive sporting role models. The Mintridge Foundation assists young people of all ages, abilities and physical capabilities to develop confidence and resilience, and creates awareness of the importance of mental and physical wellbeing through sport.
How we provide our services
Our team of Ambassadors – Olympians, Paralympians and other professional sports stars from over 20 sports, both team and individual – work with young people in schools, clubs and academies across the UK. Starting with visits including assemblies, coaching clinics and classroom sessions tailored to each organisation’s requirements, our ambassadors can then provide one – on – one remote mentoring in a safeguarded environment, delivered via technology such as Skype and Playwaze to build a lasting legacy for individuals.
The power of sport
The Mintridge Foundation’s successes demonstrate the incredible power of sport, from a mentee’s selection to represent Great Britain in their chosen field to enabling disabled children to find confidence and happiness just through participation. Understanding life after sport, we also support our Ambassadors in their transition from active sport to the next stage of their careers.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Term: 24 hours per week (flexible and with the objective of becoming more substantial if funding permits).
Salary: According to experience.
Based at: The Mintridge Foundation, 5 Adelaide House, Corby Gate Business Park, Priors Haw Road, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN17 5JG.
- To have overall responsibility for the planning and implementation of a fundraising strategy to meet the Mintridge Foundation’s long – term targets to 2022 and beyond across various income streams such as trusts, grants, corporate sponsorship, community, and fundraising events with a particular focus on core costs:
- To create and deliver high quality applications to Trusts, Foundations, statutory funders and other grant makers.
- To be aware of developments in trust and grant fundraising, and national fundraising activities, to identify how Mintridge can attract additional funding (including tracking new policies, political changes and funding trends for key donors).
- To develop and maintain a system for reviewing upcoming bids and tenders.
- To work with the relevant Mintridge staff and / or consultants to review the current corporate fundraising plan and implement changes where necessary.
- To work with the relevant Mintridge staff to review the current fundraising events plan, implement changes where necessary and identify new avenues.
- To explore potential opportunities to raise funds for collaborative projects with the Mintridge Foundation’s current / potential partners (for example, Academy Trusts).
- To link the Mintridge Foundation’s fundraising with local and / or national events and initiatives to increase visibility of income to the charity.
- To coordinate individual fundraising opportunities.
- To develop a strategy and ethical framework for identifying, engaging and developing relationships with high net worth individuals.
- To develop relationships with both Mintridge Foundation staff and funders:
- To recognise and publicise what has been achieved in fundraising appropriately (for example, for the website to include accurate donor and funder content in relation to our programme activities).
- To ensure accurate, accessible reports are sent to all trustees, Mintridge staff and donors which will encourage repeat donations and create a positive communication platform. Monthly reporting to monitor fundraising performance against the targets. The Head of Fundraising will be expected to take corrective action if necessary to ensure the target is achieved.
- To ensure that our fundraising activities meet the requirements of the Charity Commission and other relevant statutory obligations.
- To support the Mintridge Foundation staff in increasing online fundraising presence.
- Proven track record of successful income generation through different streams from concept to completion.
- Experience of researching trust and grant opportunities.
- Experience of producing compelling and engaging written applications.
- Experience of providing detailed reports for a variety of funders.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory obligations for fundraising.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel.
- Existing right to work in the UK.
Salary: Not Specified
Job Category: AdministrationChildren/YouthFundraisingTrust Fundraising
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Location: Corby
Keywords: fundraiser, fundraising
Job Expires: 25 days
How to Apply:
An up – to - date CV and covering letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14th September 2018.