There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Adoption UK is the leading charity providing support, awareness and understanding for those parenting or supporting children who cannot live with their birth parents.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Income Development Manager, based at our head office in Banbury.
Main purpose of the role
- Identify and create opportunities to generate income by building and managing positive relationships with key grant giving trusts and with corporate funders;
- Work with the senior leadership team to develop annual income generation plans in line with Adoption UK strategy;
- Develop and submit proposals for funding against agreed income targets.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To manage and develop relationships with existing and prospective grant-makers and corporate partners.
- To research and evaluate prospective grant-makers, identifying synergies between grant-makers’ funding guidelines and Adoption UK’s services and interests.
- To develop, draft and agree final applications, ensuring income against Adoption UK’s priority workstreams and creating a strong pipeline of future prospects.
- Communicate persuasively about Adoption UK’s work to prospective grant-makers.
- To ensure that grant-makers are informed about how their funding is used; providing updates and preparing reports for grant-makers on the outcomes of the grant-funded activity.
- To deliver annual income targets, ensuring monthly updates on progress against budget and alert the Director of Operations and Resources to any potential issues as the financial year progresses.
- To ensure the Salesforce database is updated on all bids/reports and trust activity.
- To keep up-to-date with trends in the fundraising environment and on best practice in trusts fundraising.
- Work with the Director of Operations and Resources to prepare regular reports for the Senior Leadership Team and Trustees.
- To meet with the Director of Operations and Resources for regular supervision and annual performance appraisal.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Job Category: Trust Fundraising
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Banbury
Keywords: Business Development, fundraising, Income Development, Trust Fundraising
Job Expires: 8 days
How to Apply:
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete and submit your application form. Applicants will be shortlisted for interview on the basis of the criteria listed in the Personal Specification for the role advertised. Please give your reasons for applying and provide further information on how your experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and qualities meet the criteria required for this role. Please also supply any other information which you feel is relevant to your application including your current salary and where you saw the position advertised.
Applications may also be made via the Adoption UK website:
Emailed to email@example.com
Applications can also be posted to:
HR, Adoption UK, Vantage Business Park, Bloxham Road, Banbury, Oxon, OX16 9UX.
Application closing date noon on Friday 04 May 2018. Panel interviews at Head Office in Banbury, on the mornings of Monday and Tuesday 14 and 15 May 2018. These dates may be subject to change and applicants will be advised in advance should this happen.
Should you decide to make a formal application, you will receive feedback within five working days of the closing date. The successful appointment is subject to a satisfactory criminal records disclosure and written references.
If you have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process, need additional information or wish to have an informal discussion, please contact Joel Saddler on 01295 752240 or alternatively via email at HR@adoptionuk.org.uk