There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
We are looking to recruit an IAQ qualified Independent Advocate to provide specialist Statutory Advocacy to local residents across the North West of England. This is to promote self-advocacy and empowerment and enable service users to make informed decisions and get their views heard in matters relating to their mental health and/or care and support needs.
The Main duties relate to paid Relevant Persons Representative (RPR) but there is also a requirement to be involved in other strands of advocacy as and when required. This activity will include working with people of all ages, including those with learning disabilities, people with mental health needs, people with physical and sensory impairment, older people and people that lack capacity.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To provide Independent Advocacy support as defined under the Mental Health Act (2007), Mental Capacity Act (2005), Care Act (2014), and Advocacy Standards to individuals in community, residential and hospital settings.
- To manage a client caseload and ensure accurate case management and record keeping.
- To provide information, support or signpost clients, so as to inform or empower individuals on any
issues regarding their health and care. This includes mental health treatment under the amended 2007 Mental Health Act, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards under the Mental Capacity Act and support with safeguarding under the Care Act (2014).
- To advocate for individuals within a variety of meetings relating to their care and treatment, to include ward rounds, case conferences, Care Programme Approach (CPA) meetings, mental health assessments, best interests meetings and safeguarding meetings.
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant mental capacity, mental health and community care policy, legislation, case law and good practice.
You can download the role description, application form and equal opportunities monitoring form below:
- Advocacy Focus Independent Advocate – Lancashire Job Description
- Advocacy Focus Independent Advocate – Lancashire Application Form
- Advocacy Focus Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Job Category: Advocacy
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Anywhere
Job Expires: 11 days
How to Apply:
Please send the completed Application and Equal Opportunity Monitoring Forms to HR@advocacyfocus.org.uk to be considered for this role.
Alternatively, you can post this to us at: Advocacy Focus, First Floor, The Old Tannery, Eastgate, Accrington, Lancashire BB5 6PW
Unfortunately, only shortlisted applications will be contacted for an interview and we reserve the right at any stage to withdraw the vacancy upon the successful recruitment of a suitable candidate for the position.
Thank you for your interest.