There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Length of contract: Permanent
Salary: £32,000-35,000 plus contributory pension 3% – 5%
Responsible to: Head of Impact
Responsible for: N/A
Working with: HACT Leadership Team, Consultants, Partners, Clients, Suppliers
Applicatiuons by 20th August
The Insights Lead will be a key member of the HACT Team with overall responsibility for delivery, development and sales of HACT’s Insight Tools – Community Insight and Value Insight. The post holder will be responsible for maintaining HACT’s reputation for the provision of robust, quality tools and resources.
There are three main components to this role. Firstly, leading the delivery and development of HACT’s Insight tools – Community Insight and Value Insight. On both tools, HACT works closely with our development partner, Oxford Consultants for Social Inclusion (OCSI www.ocsi.co.uk). The post holder will maintain and develop the on-going relationship with OCSI, liaise regularly with current clients about future development, and work with OCSI to develop new functionality and features within the tools.
Secondly, sales of the tool directly to clients. The post holder will be the main point of contact for both tools, and will provide demonstrations of the tools to potential users. The successful candidate will have sales experience, preferably with a B2B focus, and will be confident liaising with potential clients at all levels. The post holder will also lead strategic sales, examining the current market for both tools and how to expand our market share, both retaining existing clients and exploring ways to reach new potential clients.
Thirdly, providing quality consultancy and training for current users of the tools. This role encompasses customer relationship management, delivery of consultancy and training, and strengthening our commercial partnerships.
The successful candidate will be able to evidence skills in these areas and will possess strong interpersonal skills, alongside the ability to strategically lead the development and implementation of programmes of work. This post will suit a candidate who is data driven, with enthusiasm for understanding how information can help users improve processes, inform decisions, and facilitate conversations across their businesses.
HACT is an innovation agency that provides futures-oriented solutions, projects and products for UK housing. HACT delivers thought leadership and drives new ideas for business transformation through our platform of projects, products, research, impact measurement and data analytics, as well as through our engagement with other sectors and our work on digital transformation. We work alongside housing providers to drive change within their own businesses.
We work with organisations outside of housing to broker new relationships and opportunities that support innovation and transformation. HACT helps housing providers ensure that their businesses remain successful by researching ways to work smarter and more efficiently. We are a small team and the Insights Lead will work extensively with all other areas of the business.
- Be the main point of contact for queries on HACT’s Insight Tools and liaise with housing providers and other clients interested in these tools.
- Design and deliver consultancy, collaborative user sessions, demos and training to housing providers and other clients.
- Define and deliver a sales strategy for both Community and Value Insight, including targets and a strategy for expanding the market.
- Lead and manage the development of the Insight Tools with development partners OCSI, including prioritising immediate functionality and new features, as well as a long-term strategy and development pipeline.
- Work with the current user group to identify future needs and communicate the development pipeline clearly to users, including developing use cases and the potential value of new features.
- Build and develop partnerships to collaboratively develop existing and new tools, products and services.
- Work closely with the Head of Social Impact to ensure robust and consistent application of the wellbeing Valuation methodology within Value Insight.
- Represent HACT’s work more broadly, building sector-wide understanding and use of HACT’s products, services and projects at major housing conferences and other events.
- Significant experience in a role involving the development of a product, projects and/or processes.
- Significant experience in sales of products or services, with a focus on B2B sales desirable.
- Significant experience managing partner relationships; experience working with software developers desirable.
- Experience developing, maintaining and managing a user/client base.
- Experience developing and managing projects with multiple delivery partners and stakeholders.
- Experience developing and delivering training and/or consultancy, with strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to engage, communicate and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders,
including at very senior levels in clients’ organisations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a clear understanding of the challenges of building and retaining a commercial customer base.
- Expertise and agility to respond to queries, often under time pressure.
- Strong commercial acumen, with the ability to independently spot emerging opportunities and build the partnerships necessary to deliver them.
- An enthusiasm to work at the cutting edge of new thinking and the ability to be flexible, adaptable and to thrive on the challenge of developing new services.
- Ability to work autonomously to drive programmes of work.
- Good financial skills – experience of financial projections, budget setting, and budget management.
- Excellent time management and agile working skills.
- Experienced in using new media as a vehicle for building awareness and generating engagement.
- Entrepreneurial and a fast learner.
- Confident in Microsoft Office.
- Able to travel across the UK.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Job Category: Customer Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: London
Keywords: Business Development, Community, Customer Service, Housing, housing sector, insights, local authority, public sector
Job Expires: 4 hours
How to Apply:
To apply please send your CV to Marcelle Dopwell, Head of Business Operations, accompanied by a detailed covering letter by Monday 20August. Interviews Friday 24 August