NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
37 hours per week
Based at Lilleshall National Sports Centre (Homeworking may be considered)
Starting salary up to £36,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
+ pension + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
We believe that gymnastics has the power to transform lives. The British Gymnastics Foundation exists to create opportunities through gymnastics, to bring real improvements to the lives of people and communities most in need.
We are currently looking for a Love to Move Manager to support the organisation’s strategic objectives through management of the Love to Move Programme; developing the programme and its educational courses to engage stakeholder organisations in the delivery of Love to Move sessions. The role holder will develop, test and maintain a licence model or similar for Love to Move, to enable the programme delivery to be upscaled and sustainable in multiple locations.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Manage the development and delivery of the Love to Move Project Plan; giving clear direction for the long-term direction of the programme.
- Initially, devising a project plan for the Love to Move Programme, in line with the Foundation’s objectives and project development framework; ensuring that the plan and delivery of Love to Move meets the grant funding requirements of the programme’s principal funding partner, Sport England.
- Regularly monitoring/collating feedback and data in relation to the development and delivery of the programme, re-aligning expectations where appropriate and presenting/reporting on the findings and recommendations.
- Convening and chairing advisory and consultative groups as necessary to contribute to the development of the programme, decision making and target/objective setting.
- Line Manage the Lead Programme Coach for Love to Move and Manage other key programme deliverers as necessary for the ‘direct delivery’ component of the programme.
- Manage the development of the Educational Courses and associated materials/resources for the Love to Move Programme.
- Developing guidance / documentation to assist the British Gymnastics Foundation as a Licensor of Love to Move (in the form of a printed or digital style guide).
- Develop, manage and maintain relationships with stakeholder organisations and individuals which can contribute to the achievement of the Love to Move Programme objectives
The ideal individual will have/be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the effective delivery of sports or physical activity programmes for special populations.
- A good understanding of workforce development, specifically in relation to tutors, programme delivery staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of the adult care sector and a good understanding of the factors effecting and driving physical activity provision for older people in care homes, days centres and other community provisions is desirable.
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills for developing effective relationships to influence a range of stakeholders including funding partners.
- An ability to lead, manage and monitor projects and budgets
- An ability to manage staff
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Job Category: Social Care & Welfare
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Lilleshall
How to Apply:
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
To apply for this post please complete and return an Application Form along with a copy of your CV. To download an Application Form please visit www.british-gymnastics.org
Completed applications are to be returned by post or email to British Gymnastics, HR Department, Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Newport, Shropshire TF10 9NB
Tel: 0345 129 7 129
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday, 10th December 2017
Interview date: 20th December 2017