There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
“The Swan Youth Project”, provides youth services to secondary school students every day during term-time. The Board of Trustees is seeking a full-time, energetic and motivated manager who is interested in teenagers welfare. The successful candidate will be experienced in team management, fundraising, relationship-building and networking.
The Centre Manager will report to and work in partnership with the Board of Trustees.The starting salary will be c £30,000 plus NI pension (NEST) at 4% subject to age and experience. Remuneration will be reviewed and adjusted quarterly in response to fundraising and activity targets. The post is currently for one year but the opportunity to extend and assure continuation of the post is offered dependant upon the financial success of the Youth Centre. This will be discussed in more detail at the interview.
Key responsibilities of the role are increasing the Membership and funding. Duties include:
Managing the daily operation of the Youth Centre including:
- Oversight of its budget and administration.
- Recruitment and Management of the youth support team.
- Keeping accurate records of activities and finances, for reporting to the Trustees
- Ensuring that activities and management comply with all relevant legislation including charitable status, safeguarding and HR matters
- Representing the Centre with a variety of related agencies, including local councils.
- Future Planning including:
- Developing and expanding the activities and public profile of the Centre to ensure its future success
- Raising incremental funds to ensure the continuing success of the Centre and the future of the post.
- Develop relationships with new sponsors and supporters, especially those in Berkhamsted.
- Identify and complete applications to grant funding agencies.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Job Category: Children/YouthFundraising
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Anywhere
Keywords: Berkhamsted Youth Centre Manager and Fundraiser
Job Expires: 24 days
How to Apply:
Please respond with a covering letter outlining how your previous experience will support your application along with a recent cv. Shortlisted candidates will be sent further details of the job by email.
Closing Date for Applications is Friday 9th August 2019. Apply to Carole Niven; firstname.lastname@example.org