NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic and proactive Office Administrator to join our team at the PTEN Research Foundation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small medical research charity in central London which is using innovation to tackle key challenges in the rare disease space. In this role you will have responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of the office, working with the Director of Programme Management to plan, develop and implement new systems and procedures to help the Foundation function effectively.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and well-organized individual who is able prioritise, organize and manage a variety of tasks across administration and office management. They will be comfortable dealing with a range of internal and external stakeholders and have the technical and numerical skills to assist with key aspects of the Foundation’s operational and financial process. They should have experience in office administration, preferably within a start-up or charity environment, and be eager to support the aims and values of the PTEN Research Foundation.
About the Charity
The PTEN Research Foundation is a registered, UK-based charity that was set up in early 2017 to find a treatment for PTEN hamartoma tumour syndrome (PHTS). PHTS is a rare disease caused by mutations in the PTEN tumour suppressor gene. The main symptoms are an increased risk of cancer, neurodevelopmental delay and an increased incidence of autism.
The Foundation’s aim is to build and work with the community around PHTS, engaging leaders in the fields of research and clinical care, and identifying research projects and potential treatments that will lead to effective therapies.
- Ensure the smooth running of the office by managing administration, information systems and premises
- Develop and implement tools and templates to help the team and organization function effectively
- Provide administrative support to the Scientific Advisory Board and the Trustees with regard to organizing meetings, circulating materials and taking minutes
- Be the first point of contact for visitors to the office and for general enquiries
- Provide support to the Director of Programme Management on particular aspects of the Foundation’s financial process, such as managing expenses and receipts, creating invoices and making payments.
Skills and Experience
- Experience working in administration and/or office management
- Knowledge of administrative responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Strong numerical skills and familiarity working with Microsoft excel
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Reliable, service-orientated outlook
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing commitments
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a small team
- Ability to work confidently and effectively within a start-up environment
- Good computing skills including word-processing, using databases, spreadsheets (Microsoft Office and/or Google packages)
- Eligible to work in the UK
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Job Category: Administration
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: London
Keywords: Admin, Administration, charity, Office Manager
How to Apply:
A CV and covering letter should be returned to email@example.com by 22nd December 2017.
Following an initial sift, applicants will be invited to an interview at the Foundation's offices in early January.