There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
The Online Marketing Officer will be responsible for supporting the charity’s online membership and marketing fundraising activity, helping to increase net online income and raising the charity’s profile. They will work with the Online Marketing Manager, and the wider team to ensure the delivery of the Annual online budget.
- Website content administration – editing and updating the Trust’s main website and project websites using various content management systems including WordPress.
- Email marketing – creation and deployment of effective email marketing campaigns to targeted audiences, ensuring compatibility across multiple devices and browsers.
- Social media – maintaining the Trust’s social media presence across major platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Monitoring and testing new online marketing campaigns, reporting findings and making suggestions for improvement.
- Supporting the Online Marketing Manager and Website Editor in ensuring the Trust’s members and supporters are provided with a high-quality user experience.
- Responding to email enquiries from members and website visitors and providing general support for the department.
Person specification – essential
- Graduate (or equivalent) with 2+ years’ experience in a marketing environment.
- Capacity to master the online tools used by the Trust for website content management, email marketing, event promotion and social media.
- Ability to produce attractive and effective marketing content.
- An eye for detail and accuracy.
- Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient, able to work on own initiative.
Ability to think creatively, with the ability to identify opportunities, suggest ideas and turn them into workable plans for income generation.
- Strong inter-personal, listening, negotiating and networking skills, with the ability to build relationships with people at all levels, including prospects, members, and the Trust’s staff, consultants and external suppliers.
- Willingness to undertake occasional travel and overnight stays within the UK.
Person specification – preferable
- An understanding of fundraising legislation and charity law.
- An understanding of complex conservation and agricultural issues.
- Experience of a range of charity fundraising activities.
- Membership of a recognised appropriate professional body.
The post is based in Fordingbridge, Hampshire and is commutable from Salisbury, Bournemouth and Southampton. The candidate would be expected to start by July 2018 or earlier, if possible. Benefits include pension, private health care, 22 days annual leave that rises with length of service and free parking.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Job Category: Marketing
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Fordingbridge
Keywords: Digital, ecommerce, marketing, online, web, website
Job Expires: 12 days
How to Apply:
Apply by emailing a CV and covering letter with details of two referees to Rob Beeson, Online Marketing Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about this position please email Rob Beeson.