Organisational Management and Development Consultant Volunteer
There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
http___www.bigleaguekickball.com_category_press_ cod overnight soma Background Information
REDEARTH EDUCATION, is a registered NGO established in 2006 and working in the Masindi District, Buliisa District and a number of other Districts, on educational improvement. The organisation is currently engaged in several projects including Developing Good Practice in Teaching & Learning (Achievement Award), Nursery project and an early grade reading project as well as a range of other initiatives.
http___www.bigleaguekickball.com_about_ Soma fedex shipping, Soma shipped c.o.d.
Reporting to: Redearth Education Directors who will be reporting to the Redearth Education Board of Trustees
Contract: 6 months
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.00am – 5pm with one hour lunch break.
Overview of Post
The post has been created to support the organisational development of our Ugandan local partner and in particular the leadership and management skills of our Ugandan Operations Manager for a period of between 3 and 6 months.
Redearth Education has assisted in the establishment of a Ugandan NGO, Redearth Education Uganda. When the capacity of the local team has been built to enable them to do so, it is planned that they will take over the Redearth Education UK programmes in Masindi Uganda.
Whilst there has been considerable development, the local partner and primarily the senior management team needs capacity building support to run the NGO effectively and efficiently.
It is envisaged that the person appointed will work alongside the Operations Manager, supporting his and the organisation’s development.
The successful candidate will have experience in capacity building and will be capable of creating sustained improvement in organisational and personal performance and effectiveness, enhancement of the team’s performance, and cultural and behavioural change.
There will be an agreed set of expected outcomes to be achieved, and reported on to the Redearth Education UK’s Board of Governors, during the life of the intervention
- To support the creation, and effective implementation, of a Leadership Development Plan at the start of participant’s engagement, identifying personal and organisational objectives
- To provide one-to-one capacity building support to the Operations Manager and other senior leadership team members, allowing individuals to improve personal performance and effectiveness, and overcome organisational and strategic challenges
- Facilitate activities to prepare the leadership team with the skills and abilities needed to become effective leaders and managers, capable of implementing social change and of running a self-funded organisation
- Assist the Operations Manager to identify and capitalise on business development opportunities and participate in business development activity.
- Keep the key stakeholders involved and informed of progress of development plans and their implementation.
- Contribute to the development of innovative methods of project design and delivery, including the appropriate use of new technologies
- Foster a sense of respect, appreciation for diversity, and supportive, mutually accountable team atmosphere within the leadership team
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Experience of working/volunteering in NGOs or Charity Sector or have
transferable experience Essential
Experience of working in developing countries Desirable
Experience in organisational leadership and in coaching others Essential
Degree or commensurate experience Desirable
JOB RELATED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to monitor and evaluate progress of the team Essential
- High level ability to keep records and documentation and prepare appropriate reports Essential
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving ability Essential
- Ability to inspire and motivate Essential
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively Essential
PERSONAL SKILLS AND APTITUDES
Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills Essential
Ability to support others effectively to achieve targets Essential
Patience, flexibility and adaptability
Redearth Education will cover the following costs:
Flight to and from Uganda from the UK
In country transport to and from airport
Accommodation in country
In country living allowance of £40 per week (this will cover food)
Local Insurance and work permit
Contribution of £200 towards travel insurance & repatriation
Salary: Not Specified
Job Category: Managerial
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Anywhere
Keywords: consultant, Development, Management
Job Expires: Endless