There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Job title: Part-Time Communications Manager
Reporting to: Project Director
Remuneration: £23,000 (Pro-rata, part-time, self-employed)
Days and Hours: 2 days a week, flexible hours
Duration: 6 months guaranteed, renewal subject to funding
Location: London, several central areas and expanding reach, flexible location and availability to work remotely
Breadwinners is growing, and are delighted to offer an amazing opportunity for a Comms Manager to support the Director delivering the communications strategy on social media, the website, via email marketing and several other channels, with the aim to drive online sales and inspire the ‘Breadwinners Community’ to support refugees into their first UK jobs. Before the COVI19 outbreak, our model was based on market stalls across London farmer’s markets. Since lockdown began, we have quickly diversified the business, setting up a door-to-door delivery service, selling locally produced, artisan, organic bread. We are also running all our training programmes online for now and are looking forward to going back to our markets soon.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, and innovative Comms Manager with a passion for supporting refugees and young people seeking asylum, with a good understanding and ability to drive sales of high-end artisan bread. We are a small, grassroots charity and social enterprise, so a can-do attitude and the drive to work within a small, start-up team, delivering huge impact is essential, together with an ability to drive sales through content creation.
You will be working with the Project Director, Programme Managers, Charity partners, and volunteers to deliver content on our social media and communications platforms including websites, newsletters, WhatsApp groups, and hopefully back on our stalls. You will be using Buffer to schedule posts, Canva to design flyers or presentations, Squarespace for website and newsletter, and google drive and platform for documents.
You will have the chance of seeing the impact your work has, meeting the inspiring people we work with, working together with a passionate team in a fun and positive environment.
Please apply as soon as possible, by submitting your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “BW – Comms Mgr” as the email subject. We will arrange interviews for great applications as they come in. No more applications will be taken after the 30th of June.
We want to encourage applications from people with personal, professional, or volunteering experience, and welcome informal chats about the role – please call Martin Cosarinsky on 07783996918. Experience with online retail is highly valuable.
- Designing and delivering exciting content to drive online sales and market sales.
- Promote the skills and resilience of Refugees and Young People seeking asylum.
- Proactively creating a content calendar that includes any upcoming events and partnerships that will promote our mission.
- Work closely with our beneficiaries, volunteers, and staff to hear their stories and share our work.
- Support the development of branding assets, and merchandising.
- Managing and running our communication platforms (social media, website, email, stalls, events, WhatsApp groups) and developing new ones if necessary.
- Working together with the team to create and run fundraising campaigns.
- Creating new and relevant content and will improve our SEO
- Managing the use of Google Ads Grants.
- Tracking, measuring and optimizing all our online campaigns
- Monitoring our Google Analytics and increasing web traffic, reducing bounce rate, increasing time spent on site, and conversions.
- Utilizing customer feedback to optimize sales
- Ensuring safeguarding and GDPR best practices are followed on all communications.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below points:
- Passionate about supporting refugees and young people seeking asylum, with either personal, professional, or volunteering experience.
- Effective use of content through a variety of platforms including social media.
- Strong communication skills, planning and creating content, dealing with a variety of people, and different communication styles and forms (Face to face, email, WhatsApp).
- Experience of running comms tasks with attention to detail, using online platforms.
- A simple approach, finding quick solutions to problems, and setting up new processes.
- Energetic and self-motivated, able to work by yourself, and as part of a team.
- Capacity to produce a long term comms strategy, and execute it.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of all Social Media channels, Squarespace, Canva, and Google platform including email, calendar, drive, sheets, docs, slides.
- Excellent English.
- Marketing experience desired.
- Online retail experienced desired.
- Salary – £23,000 pro-rata to 2 days a week secured for 6 months.
- Opportunity to work directly with beneficiaries and volunteers, and make a difference in their lives and yours.
- Contribution to the growth and direction of a new, ambitious, award-winning charity.
- Working directly with the Project Director, and alongside a supportive and passionate Board of Trustees.
- Flexible time and work locations.
- You must have a visa that allows you to work in the UK to apply for this job.
- Appointment subject to DBS Checks.
Breadwinners is an ambitious grassroots charity set up in April 2016. We provide Londoners with the best organic artisan bread while supporting refugees through, employment, work experience, entrepreneurship opportunities, training, and mentoring.
Our model uses our award-winning bread stalls in markets across London, and our bread door to door delivery, as our base for three programmes: ‘Risers’, which provides structured work experience, training and mentorship to newly arrived young people seeking asylum; ‘Breadwinners’, the follow-up programme for refugees with the right to work having their first paid job in London as market stall managers; and ‘Proofers’, the next step into working as Sales Reps managing our door to door delivery of bread online. In the last two years, we have supported 83 refugees and young people seeking asylum. 100% of our Breadwinners have gone onto further employment after our programme. 93.75% of our Risers say that their well-being has significantly improved due to our programme.
Read our COVID19 Update.
“We believe refugees have extraordinary potential as entrepreneurs, employees and members of local communities. We sell the best artisan organic bread to support them to build a fresh start, providing self-employment, training, and business opportunities, to become an active part in the community”
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Job Category: Communications
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Location: Anywhere
Keywords: Bread, charity, communications, Google Ads, Newsletter, Refugees, social enterprise, social media, Strategy, website
Job Expires: Endless