NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Purpose of the post
- To deliver skills courses and workshops and/or support groups at venues across the city and work closely with Team Leader to ensure the successful delivery of a citywide service.
- To mentor and supervise trainee facilitators, thus ensuring the development of a sustainable peer-led service.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Delivery of skills based courses, workshops and/or support groups at locations across the city.
- Collection of evaluation and monitoring information from the groups.
- Liaison with the Volunteer Coordinator around opportunities for volunteers to co-facilitate groups.
- Mentoring and support of trainee volunteers who are co-facilitating groups, including debriefing and regular supervision.
- Identifying opportunities for development and/or partnership working.
- Maintaining appropriate and accurate monitoring records.
- Monitoring and evaluating outcomes through 1:1 sessions, questionnaires, case studies and periodic direct contact with group members.
- Collecting, collating and returning monitoring data in a timely manner.
- Producing reports including output and outcome data, analysis and evaluation of the impact of your work, as required.
Training & Development
- Participate in performance management and development, including Leeds Mind compulsory training programme
- Undertake any staff development and training which is required, to enable the job to be performed in the best possible way.
Service and Organisation
- Working closely with the Team Leader and Information and Administration Officer to ensure the successful delivery of all Peer Support services.
- Attending and actively participating in monthly line management meetings, team meetings and other meetings as required.
- Maintaining good communication with colleagues, partner organisations and signposting agencies.
- Working within the framework of Leeds Mind’s policies and procedures.
- Promoting the values, ethos and philosophy of Leeds Mind.
- Promoting possibilities for empowerment where possible.
- Ensuring information is dealt with in accordance with policies around Confidentiality, Communications, Internet, Email and Telecommunications and steps are taken to ensure that confidential information is secure.
- Any other duties commensurate to the effective running of the service.
It is Leeds Mind’s policy to make reasonable adjustments to enable workers with disabilities to undertake the above.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Job Category: Mental Health
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Location: Horsforth
Keywords: Facilitator, Mental Health, Mentor, Peer Support
How to Apply:
For more information and to download an application form please visit http://www.leedsmind.org.uk/get-involved/vacancies