There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Purpose of the post – this post will:
- Recruit, train, support and supervise volunteers within Peer Support, including:
- Facilitators of skills based courses and workshops
- Facilitators of mutual support groups
- Social and activity group volunteers
- Any other Peer Support volunteers, e.g. admin
- Manage the Peer Support student interns
- Ongoing development of the Peer Support volunteering programme
- Work closely with the Team Leader and Information and Administration Officer to ensure the successful delivery of a citywide Peer Support Service.
Key duties and responsibilities
Volunteer coordination / support
- Recruitment, induction, support and supervision of volunteers based on the needs of the Service and in line with the Leeds Mind volunteering framework.
- Support and supervision of volunteers delivering social and activity groups.
- Support and supervision of volunteer facilitators.
- Ensure all trainee facilitators are matched with an experienced mentor to support volunteers’ personal development.
- Provide monthly peer supervision groups for staff and volunteers.
- Co-ordinate and deliver volunteer celebration events throughout the year.
- Undertake reviews with each volunteer every three to six months to check progress against goals and objectives.
- Undertake exit interviews when a volunteer leaves the service.
- Provide lone working support for any volunteers working on their own.
- Support volunteers and group members with any safeguarding concerns in line with Leeds Mind policies.
- Involvement in volunteer events internally and externally.
- Developing the team of Peer Support volunteers to meet the needs of the service.
- Ensure that training and support offered meets the needs of volunteers and the service.
- Develop and deliver new training and support for volunteers as required.
- Line management of student interns in the Peer Support team.
- Ensure that volunteer records are kept and are appropriate, accurate and relevant in line with data protection principles and the Accessible Information Standard.
- Monitoring and evaluation of volunteers’ experiences though 1:1 sessions, questionnaires and case studies.
- Keep up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and making any necessary modifications to accommodate changes.
- Manage volunteer expenses and ensuring these are appropriate, relevant, recorded and monitored.
- Submit applications for funding for groups; managing and monitoring group budgets.
- Collect, collate and return monitoring data in a timely manner.
- Produce reports including output and outcome data, analysis and evaluation of the impact of your work, as required.
Service and Organisation
- Attend and actively participate in monthly line management meetings, team meetings and other meetings as required.
- Maintain good communication with colleagues, partner organisations and signposting agencies.
- Be involved with wider organisation activities
- Work within the framework of Leeds Mind’s policies and procedures.
- Promote the values, ethos and behaviours of Leeds Mind
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the organisation and the Peer Support Service.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to affect the smooth running of the Service.
It is Leeds Mind’s policy to make reasonable adjustments to enable workers with disabilities to undertake the above.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Job Category: Mental Health
Job Type: Temporary
Job Location: Leeds
Keywords: Coordinator, Manager, Mental Health, Peer Support
Job Expires: 5 days
How to Apply:
To apply please visit http://www.leedsmind.org.uk