NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Leeds Suicide Bereavement Service is a postvention service, funded by Leeds Council, to support the people of Leeds, who have been bereaved by suicide. This is a partnership project with Leeds Survivor Led Crisis Service, with Leeds Mind being the lead agency. The project supports people in the immediate aftermath of a suicide and people who have been bereaved in the past. Postvention is an internationally evidenced way of reducing risk of suicide in people who have been bereaved in this manner. Interventions offered within this service include peer led support for individuals, within groups and for families with children, counselling and memorial events.
Purpose of the post
We have obtained additional funding, from the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management, for a 12-month post to support the facilitation of LSBS peer support groups.
These include closed peer support groups (Weekly, Wednesday evening) and drop in groups (monthly, first Tuesday evening of every month). These groups will be co-facilitated with a volunteer, who the post holder will also support. The post holder will also attend team meetings (Monday) and the monthly reflective practice groups. They may also be required to facilitate the six-week skills group (Living with my Loss) for which training will be given. (training will be given).
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To facilitate a range of peer support groups, including:
- Six-week skills course (Living with my Loss)
- Weekly closed peer support groups (Wed evenings)
- Monthly drop in (First Tuesday evening a month)
- Ensure volunteer support group facilitators are well supported and feel valued in their role
- Ensure there are progression opportunities for volunteers and group members
- Make referrals/signpost to other services on behalf of people you are supporting.
Promotion, Outreach and Liaison
- To attend networking events as requested.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- To contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- To encourage the people, you are supporting to complete questionnaires and reviews to ensure the project is compassionate, respectful and effective.
Training & Development
- Undertake any staff development and training which is required, to enable the job to be performed in the best possible way
- Participate in 1:1s, performance and development, including Leeds Mind compulsory training programme.
- Attend and participate in service/team meetings as requested.
- Attend monthly reflective practice.
- Work within the framework of Leeds Mind’s policies and procedures.
- Uphold the values and ethos of Leeds Mind.
- Promote the possibilities for empowerment of people using the service.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development.
- Be involved with wider organisation activities.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as and when required.
It is our policy to make reasonable adjustments to enable workers with disabilities to undertake the above tasks.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Job Category: Mental Health
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Location: Horsforth
Keywords: Group Support, Mental Health, Peer Support
How to Apply:
For more information and to download an application form please visit http://www.leedsmind.org.uk/get-involved/vacancies