Programme and Events Coordinator
There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Who are we?
Single Friendly Church is a campaign for churches to be more welcoming and inclusive of Single Christians. Currently 80% of churches provide some form of training and encouragement people around marriage but only a very small number help people with their single and dating life. We believe that needs to change as around 40% of adults are single.
Who are you?
You are an enterprising self-starter who will connect with churches and their church leaders by approaching:
- Diocesan training programmes
- Theological colleges
- Churches directly
- Christian Festivals and Conferences
You will also organise events and training days and also some social events for single people.
You have excellent interpersonal skills, ability to reach out to people with enthusiasm, persistence and patience. You will either already be or need to become familiar with the UK church scene. You won’t be expected to give talks or training (although this is an option) but to organise our existing team to do so. Mobility and preparedness to travel and meet people and occasional weekend working is essential. You will also work with our partner organisation, Christian Connection.
The key tasks will include:
- Delivering a series of opportunities to speak to and train church leaders about singleness and single people in their continuing professional development programmes.
- Delivering a series of opportunities to speak to those in ministerial formation about singleness and single people through contacting theological colleges to organise ‘on the side’ events.
- Organising appropriate and effective presence at Christian festivals, church leader days and large church events
- Organising and running opportunities for single people to meet, for example in the ongoing series of walking tours and in three parties a year for our sister organisation Christian Connection.
- Organising and running events put on by Single Friendly Church, such as church leader training days and high-profile debates.
This is a part-time role, starting with 20 hours per week, but with the opportunity to increase if the interest in the campaign grows. The job will be agreed on a self-employed basis and in the range of £15 – £20 per hour dependant on experience.
This is a London-based role, with some flexibility for remote working. We have weekly team meetings at our office near Kings Cross, London.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Job Category: Events
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Location: London
Keywords: Coordinator, Engagement, events, Training
Job Expires: 1 day
How to Apply:
Please send your cv with a short covering letter explaining why you would be the appropriate person for this role. Final submissions October 19th 2018. No agencies please.