There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Senior Veterinary Surgeon at the Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre. The sanctuary is currently home to 175 bears, both Asiatic black and Malayan sun bears. The Senior Veterinary Surgeon has overall responsibility for the provision of extensive veterinary care to bears at our centre who are rescued from the bear bile industry and to local domestic animals at our basic small animal clinic.
The Senior Veterinary Surgeon will report to the Bear and Vet Team Director but will ultimately be responsible for all veterinary clinical decision making and will supervise and manage a team comprising of one Resident Veterinary Surgeon, 2 qualified Veterinary Nurses and a Vietnamese Veterinary Intern. The Senior Veterinary Surgeon also contributes to outreach projects within Vietnam, including providing training to local wildlife rescue centres and local veterinarians. He/She will also be responsible for veterinary department budgeting and reporting.
Please contact email@example.com for further details and a full job description.
- At least 5 years work experience in a large mixed animal veterinary practice, zoological facility, specialist referral centre, or similar working environment.
- Experience in a management or supervisory role.
- Excellent clinical and organizational skills, an aptitude for problem-solving medicine and self-directed learning and plenty of initiative and flexibility.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to live and work closely with the rest of the team comprising both western and local staff.
- Cultural sensitivity and a history of working abroad, plus a background in captive wildlife management or charitable veterinary work are beneficial.
- Suitable candidates must be able to commit for a minimum of 2 years.
Appointment is paid, full-time, five (5) days a week with some weekend work applicable. Ideally, the position will commence beginning of August, 2018.
The following items are included in your full-time contract
Emergency medical insurance
Salary: Not Specified
Job Category: Animal Welfare
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Vĩnh Phúc
Job Expires: 11 days
How to Apply:
Interested parties please include your name and the position applied for in the header of an email and forward your cover letter and CV (with your expected salary) and completed Job Application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information please visit our website www.animalsasia.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Closing date: April 15th, 2018