There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Adoption Social Worker – 2 Posts (one home based and one at Head Office in Rochester) – covering London and South East (Full time or Part time) Salary circa £31k
Our progressive charity is looking for 2 highly motivated and committed registered Social Workers to join our adoption and fostering team. This is a home based role operating across London and the South East and reporting to our offices based in Croydon.
About the charity
Diagrama Foundation is a charity dedicated to supporting children, families and adults at risk of social exclusion. Our aim is to prevent people from becoming socially excluded and to reintegrate those that have by undertaking research into best practice and, based on this, developing programmes and centres to achieve this. We have a range of services in the UK including adoption, fostering, therapeutic support, education and residential services for young people and for adults with learning disabilities.
About the service
Our adoption and fostering service began in November 2014 when the long-established Cabrini Children’s Services transferred those sections of its operation to us. Cabrini Children’s Services is steeped in history and we are proud to continue and build on its work in supporting children, adults and families through adoption, foster care and family support services. Our priority is to recruit adoptive and foster families for children who are deemed ‘harder to place’.
Key responsibilities of the role
- To undertake the recruitment and assessment of adoption applicants, including the provision of a counselling service to unsuccessful applicants as appropriate.
- To work positively to promote the recruitment of adopters who are able to meet the needs of children in respect of their race, religion, language and culture.
- To prepare comprehensive assessments of applicants for presentation at the adoption and fostering panel.
- To undertake any necessary pre-approval preparation and training of substitute adopters and to assist in the provision of post approval training programmes.
- To participate in a comprehensive support service to adopters, including undertaking the Supervising Social Worker role and annual reviews and out of hours service.
- To participate in case conferences, planning meetings and reviews where children are either in placement or being considered for a substitute family adopters.
- To respond to requests for the provision of adoptive placements, by identifying appropriate placements and working to facilitate such placements.
- To liaise with local authorities and other agencies on matters concerning inter-agency placements.
- To support the access to records requests ensuring responses are made in a timely manner
- As required to support the Foster Team in meeting its obligations
What we offer
We offer a friendly place to work with great opportunities to use your skills and knowledge to make a real difference to the lives of the young people we work with. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes healthcare, company pension scheme and graduated sick pay scheme.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 25th July 2018.
If you are interested then please visit our website diagramafoundation.org.uk for more information about our organisation. Application packs can be obtained by contacting email@example.com.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Job Category: Children/YouthSocial Care & Welfare
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Anywhere
Keywords: Adoption Fostering Social Worker Charity Kent
Job Expires: 5 days
How to Apply:
Please apply by e-mail to