NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Support Worker Level 1 (Part-time)
Highland Aftercare, Inverness
Salary: £6,855 – £7,605 per annum
Working Hours: Average of 14 hours per week
Closing Date: 5 pm on Monday 13 August 2018
Provisional Interview Date: Wednesday 15 August 2018
Do you share our commitment to supporting positive change in people’s lives?
Ypeople has over 200 staff and volunteers, and supports hundreds of people every day in our homelessness, young people’s wellbeing and out of school care services.
We are recruiting for a Support Worker Level 1 to provide a high-quality support service for care-experienced young people transitioning into permanent or other suitable long-term accommodation.
How you will make a difference:
- Arranging and facilitating key work meeting to develop and review support plans
- Developing life skills with service users
- Planning, implementing and developing workshops or programme activities with service users
What you will bring:
- Personal values aligned with Ypeople’s core values
- Educated to SVQ level 3 H&SC or HNC or equivalent (or willingness to work towards)
- Understanding of issues surrounding young people transitioning from care into adult housing support services and independent living
- Experience of work with vulnerable service users
How we will support you:
- Competitive salary, company pension, childcare vouchers, life assurance
- Generous annual leave entitlement (6 weeks in the first year rising to 8 weeks from the second)
- Excellent development opportunities (access to varied training)
- This post is exempt under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2003 and will be subject to a PVG Disclosure Check. The cost of a PVG/Standard Disclosure check (depending on the nature of the post) will be attributed to the successful candidate.
Ypeople is a charity committed to equal opportunity.
Ypeople is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland with Company Number SC394447 and is a registered Charity with Charity Number SCO17093, with its registered office at the Ypeople Building, 15 Dava Street, Glasgow, G51 2JA
Salary: £15,000 - £20,000
Job Category: Social Care & Welfare
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Location: Anywhere
How to Apply:
Download Application pack and form from: