There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
We are currently recruiting for Established Support Workers across the range of services we have in Southhouse (Edinburgh)
6 x Full-time posts
ARK are a Not For Profit, Employer
Salary: £17, 576 for up to 40hrs per week
Closing Date: 19th March 2018
John is a man in his 60s. He has learning difficulties and mental health issues and lives with three flatmates in a shared house (House of Multiple Occupation). He can become quite anxious and this can result in him displaying some difficult behaviours. Do you have the values, care and compassion to support John?
John requires support and prompts with all aspects of his life. He likes to engage with people and is a very sociable person. He loves music and attends groups with the support of staff. He also likes activities and playing games with others.
Could you support John to live the life he wants?
We believe in a person centred approach, which means we see the person first and ask them what is important in their lives. It is important for all people to have choice and control over their lives and we support our service users to do this through good life plans. Ark values the worth of each person, understanding difference and the development of trusting relationships. These values help us develop as an organisation and we believe it is important our staff share these values.
ARK support people to live good lives, at home and in their community. We need your skills, knowledge and expertise to make it possible.
Experience is not essential. We offer a comprehensive induction and training programmes designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. What’s most important is that you have a passion for making a difference in people’s lives.
- Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
- 3.4% employer pension contribution
- A range of working hours designed to offer you a good work-life balance
- Confidential employee counselling service, available 24/7
- Fully funded PVG registration and initial registration with the SSSC
- Membership to Capital Credit Union available
- A wide range of development opportunities, including comprehensive induction, a range of specialist training programs and e-Learning
- A dedicated SVQ team who will support you to achieve an industry specific, accredited qualification
Salary: £15,000 - £20,000
Job Category: Disability
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Edinburgh
Job Expires: 14 days
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.arkha.org.uk/current-vacancies/
You can also email us at email@example.com or call us on 0131 447 9027 to request a paper copy.
* Please ensure you quote the REF for the post you are applying for on your application form
CVs will not be considered
Working towards equal opportunities and a diverse workforce
Scottish Charity No. SCO15694