NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Support Worker Level 1
Branston Court Supported Accommodation, Glasgow
Salary: £19,097 to £21,186 per annum
Working Hours: 39 hours per week on average
Closing Date: 5pm on Wednesday 15 August 2018
Do you share our commitment to supporting positive change in people’s lives?
Ypeople has over 200 staff and volunteers, and supports hundreds of people every day in our homelessness, young people’s wellbeing and out of school care services.
We are recruiting for a Level 1 Support Worker to work within our Branston Court Supported Accommodation Service in Glasgow.
How you will make a difference:
– By helping to end homelessness through providing a high-quality support service for people who are at risk of homelessness or are homeless
– By building positive professional relationships with service users, colleagues and other service providers
– By being actively involved in the development of the service
What you will bring:
– Personal values aligned with Ypeople’s core values
– SVQ level 3 in Social Care or equivalent (or willing to work towards)
– Understanding of relevant legislation and policies relating to housing and social care
– Awareness of issues surrounding homelessness and issues affecting young people
How we will support you:
– Competitive salary, company pension, childcare vouchers, life assurance
– Generous annual leave entitlement (6 weeks in the first year rising to 8 weeks from the second)
– Excellent development opportunities (access to varied training)
This post is exempt under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2003 and will be subject to a PVG Disclosure Check. The cost of a PVG check will be attributed to the successful candidate.
Ypeople is a charity committed to equal opportunity.
Ypeople is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland with Company Number SC394447 and is a registered Charity with Charity Number SCO17093, with its registered office at the Ypeople Building, 15 Dava Street, Glasgow, G51 2JA.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Job Category: Social Justice
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Glasgow
How to Apply:
1. Download application pack and application form from Ypeople's vacancies page: http://www.ypeople.org.uk/vacancies.php
2. Email recruitment @ypeople.org.uk with your completed application