NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
- Fundraising – Overall responsibility for driving resource mobilisation for organisation-wide activities
- Sustainability – Ensure the long term sustainability of Vision Africa
- Programme Oversight – Collaborate with Kenya Programmes Manager
- Global Organisational Development – ensuring that Vision Africa is relevant, dynamic and focussed on achieving its core aims
- Board Liaison – liaise with Kenya Board and UK Board towards good governance– facilitating the engagement of these bodies for governance purposes, and in pursuit of key partnerships for the success and growth of our work.
- Investigate the potential impact of a UK based ‘Organisational Partnership’ that could potentially lead to collaborative working (and perhaps even a merger) to strengthen operations in the UK and programme impact in Kenya.
In addition the post-holder will undertake other duties across all aspects of the work of Vision Africa, as required by the UK Board of Trustees.
We are looking for a committed and highly energetic leader to take on this role. Within this role you will grow the UK presence and impact of Vision Africa for the benefit and growth of our programme work in Kenya and beyond.
Integral to your desire to lead organisational fundraising, sustainability and global development, will be your ability to represent the organisation and generate interest and activity around the work of Vision Africa.
You will be joining this organisation at an exciting time; building on excellent foundations, and leading staff and boards through the next season of growth and development. You will have the opportunity to drive and deliver strategy and shape the future.
As a Christian organisation, we expect our leadership to profess the Christian Faith and for this to be evidenced in their life and actions.
- A strong track record of leading teams to achieve ambitious results
- Demonstrable fundraising skills and/or track record of revenue generation
- Evident ability to inspire, and educate both internal and external parties
- Demonstrable ability to think strategically, drive analysis, and solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the good judgment to make realistic and clear-cut decisions
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and the ability to establish and build a wide range of key relationships across sectors
- Strong value driven commitment to the work of Vision Africa
- Relevant degree
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in relevant field of work
- Experience living or working in East Africa or Sub-Saharan Africa
- Knowledge of the small charity landscape
- Experience leading an organisational through growth
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Job Category: Managerial
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Anywhere
How to Apply:
How to Apply
To apply for the post, please send a tailored CV and covering letter.
Please note that the covering letter should be no more than two pages of A4 and should summarise your relevant skills, experience and motivations for applying and for working at Vision Africa. It is, therefore, an important part of the application and will be used as part of our selection process.
If you would like a confidential, informal discussion about the role, please contact our Chair, Bob Dowty at the address above.