There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Calling all degree nurses!
Qualified Veterinary Nurse –Bear Rescue Centre in China
Do you enjoy a challenge? Are you dedicated to animal welfare? Are you a qualified veterinary nurse or technician and do you have a degree in veterinary nursing or a related field?
This is an outstanding opportunity for motivated individuals pursuing a career in wildlife care and welfare. The Veterinary Nurse will work as part of a highly skilled veterinary team to ensure the care of predominantly Asiatic black bears (moon bears) and domestic animals at our rescue centre. Appointment is full-time, five days a week plus rotational weekend work.
Candidates should be highly motivated with plenty of initiative and should be comfortable with both clinical and non-clinical work. There is a high degree of autonomy in this position and while you will work closely with other team members you will have distinct areas of responsibility; while reporting to the Senior Vet Surgeon.
You will contribute to the constantly evolving field of bear medicine and management and will be expected to have a high degree of clinical skill and a passion for ongoing self-education.
- Qualified Veterinary Nurse with Veterinary Nursing Degree (Degree level qualification in related field will be considered). A degree level education is a must.
- 4 years post qualification experience is required for visa application in veterinary practice, wildlife rehabilitation, zoo medicine or a specialist referral centre.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Strong work ethic and initiative.
- Applicants must have proficient computer skills including competency with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to live and work closely with a team comprising of both foreign and local staff in isolating environments.
- Cultural sensitivity and/or history of working abroad would be beneficial.
- Experience in captive wildlife nursing, rehabilitation or animal welfare work would be beneficial.
- Suitable candidates must be able to commit for a minimum of 2 years.
The following items are included in your full-time contract
- On-site accommodation
- Relocation assistance
- Emergency medical insurance
- Paid holidays
Salary: Not Specified
Job Category: Animal Welfare
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Chengdu Shi
Job Expires: Endless
How to Apply:
Interested parties please forward PDF copies of your cover letter (stating the applied position), CV with your current and expected salary along with a completed Job Application form to: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information please visit our website www.animalsasia.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose
Closing date: Open application at the discretion of Animals Asia Foundation