There were errors with your submission. Please re-check your details and try again.
Exciting opportunity for a Resident Veterinarian
We are seeking a dynamic individual for the unique role of Resident Veterinarian to join our Bear & Vet Team at our China Bear Rescue Centre (CBRC) in Chengdu. The position will involve shared responsibility for the provision of extensive veterinary care to bears rescued from the bear bile industry, and to other resident animals and local domestic animals at each centre.
The Resident Veterinarian will report to the centre’s Senior Veterinary Surgeon, but will work closely with our Bear & Vet Team Director, Veterinary Nurses and Bear Management Team. Approved applicants will be required to travel within Asia and participate in outreach and training projects, and work with local veterinarians.
Please contact us through our HR team in Hong Kong (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details and a full job description for the position.
- At least 3-5 years work experience as a clinical veterinarian ideally in a large mixed veterinary practice, zoological facility, specialist referral centre, or similar working environment. Work experience in small animal practice is also acceptable if you are able to demonstrate transferable skills applicable to working with larger species.
- Excellent clinical and organizational skills, an aptitude for problem-solving medicine and self-directed learning and plenty of initiative and flexibility.
- Ability to work sole-charge and under emergency circumstances as required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to live and work closely with the rest of the team comprising both western and local staff.
- Cultural sensitivity awareness and a history of working abroad, plus a background in captive wildlife management or charitable veterinary work are beneficial.
- Suitable candidates must be able to commit for a minimum of 2 years.
Appointment is full-time, five (5) days a week with some weekend work applicable.
The following items are included in your full-time contract
Emergency medical insurance
Salary: Not Specified
Job Category: Animal Welfare
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Chengdu Shi
Job Expires: Endless
How to Apply:
Interested parties please forward your cover letter (stating the applied position), CV with your and completed Job Application form to: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information please visit our website www.animalsasia.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose
Closing Date: Open application at the discretion of Animals Asia Foundation